Seed and fruit cake (Gluten and dairy free, vegan)Recipe courtesy of Gill Orde in Catering.
Makes 7 slices
Ingredients100g soya flour
100g buckwheat flour
100g rolled oats
50g sunflower seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sesame seeds
50g flaked almonds
2 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped
half teaspoon nutmeg
half teaspoon cinnamon
half teaspoon ground ginger
425ml soya milk
1 tablespoon malt extract
- Put all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the soya milk and malt extract, mix well and leave to soak for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5. Line a small loaf tin with baking parchment.
- The mixture should have a soft dropping consistency just too thick to pour. If it's too stiff, stir in some more soya milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 75minutes.
- Test with a skewer and if it is not cooked through allow 5 - 10 more minutes.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack. Eat in thick slices with a little soya spread.
Page last edited: 05 March 2012